Saturday, July 19, 2014

Productive Rest

   So I sure picked a good week to take some rest. The sun has been out  and the boulder have been dry. But despite my training schedule yesterday and today ended up being really productive! I headed out to Fred Meyers and decided to do my self some cleaning.
   The first bloc I headed to was one that I cleaned a few weeks ago but needed a little more work.  There was a branch hanging over the lip. I gave that the chop and then made sure the trail was nice and devils club free. Once done there I headed up to the lair. The scene was not good my friends... A nice big tree fell onto our landing. I cleaned out as much as possible but to get the whole thing out of there we're going to need a crew. If anyone is interested let me know! Well aside from that I got some lines  under the big slab cleaned up that should be cool. They look like they'll have some fun moderate climbing up to a committing lip encounter.
There's two lines that stand out. A low sit start to some slopers and a quality line heading out the roof to some crimps and a proper top out!

See? Its bigger then one man can move
   Next I headed over to a boulder that I have looked at for a long time. I never found myself ready to clean this thing but yesterday was the day. Its funny because when I finally set to getting it clean it was not time at all. Within 10 minutes the top was cleared of mud and moss. This boulder may end up being more of a project before its a climb. Compression will be the name of the game. The left side is fairly positive but the left side is pretty nasty. Aside for the obvious line it appears that there may be something else to right in the dihedral but it will take a little imagination to figure out.

The compression project!

Its steep!
   Another Great future problem that is now going to be possible is the Twin Beaks. Today Janelle and I headed back up to Freddy's to finish cleaning a problem I started like 2 years ago. Yeah it took a while but done now. Its a nice little roof on the way to the Gandolf boulder. At one time I sorted out the beta but was unable to finish due to a lack landscaping. But like the others  its now clean and ready to go thanks to some help from my lovely fiance Janelle.

Janelle feeling out the holds of Twin Beaks

   I'm really excited to get out there and try some of these new problems. They look like they will be some fine additions to the area. Now we wait for a little rain to finish the cleaning, a little chalk and we have some new problems. As soon as my rest cycle is over you better believe Im gonna get out there and give these things a few burns! Its looking like next week we have some sun in the forecast. Im excited to climb. Hope your able to get out and grab some stone too, till then train hard and climb harder!

3 comments:

  1. Always look forward to seeing the updates! When you reference your training schedule are you speaking to that book you picked up? Is it working out?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I used the Rock Climbers Guide to Training by the Anderson brothers. Its really full of great informations. From all the books that I've read about training for climbing I think its the best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice, I will have to check it out because I'm feeling beat up from training. I don't think I rest correctly.

    ReplyDelete